I have the right to:
- Live a life of peace free from abuse and fear
- Feel valued, respected and appreciated for who I am.
- Express my thoughts and opinions without judgment or criticism.
- Share equality in all decisions related to relationship, children, home and finances.
- Grow as a person, have my own goals, and develop my own talents and abilities.
- Have friendships outside my relationship that are sustaining and satisfying.
- Have control over my body – to be able to refuse sex, to engage in safe practices, to choose my birth control method, and whether or when to have children or become pregnant.
- Have freedom of movement without fear of repercussion.
- Feel safe wherever I am.
- Seek help from police or others if I’m not feeling safe.
- Believe that I am an important, powerful and beautiful human being.